Participants will gain:
- A better understanding of what ground work is and how we utilize it for therapeutic gain and when/why we offer riding in some of these lessons.
- Basic knowledge of horse safety
- How to build a working relationship with a horse
- What therapeutic outcomes to expect
What We Offer:
- Skills-Based Group Class: focuses on developing horsemanship skills for adult participants from the ground on up to the saddle.
- One-on-One Introductory Session: offered for those who are not ready to join a group class, or would like to “try it out” before signing up for more. These individual one-time sessions can be offered on a more flexible schedule.
- Family Group Class: focuses family togetherness fun, while engaging with horses through ground work and kid-friendly activities.
- Mental Health: separate from the group horsemanship classes, we offer individual counseling session. Click here (insert link) to find out more about Equine Assisted Mental Health.
Open Drop-In Sessions: Bi-Monthly
Designed for those that just need some quiet hang-time with an understanding and intuitive equine partner.
An enjoyable family friendly experience. Veteran’s families with children 6 and older learn horsemanship skills and spend time together. Family participation is un-mounted. Those interested in mounted work are referred to our special Heroes & Family Therapeutic Horsemanship lessons.
Please complete the Heroes Horsemanship Application below to express your interest in one or more groups. You will be contacted about upcoming session attendance.
Equine Assisted Mental Health can be scheduled for individuals, families or group sessions. Contact Lisa Bradley Lisab@healingreins.org at Healing Reins for more information.
We welcome all Veterans and First Responders to join us out at the barn. We have the ability to accommodate special groups! Let us know if you have a department, support group or team that you would like to schedule